Main Article Content
This study concentrated on the isolation and identification of Proteus mirabilis isolates from diabetic mellitus patients with urinary tract infections. 100 clinical specimens of mid-stream urine were collected from male and female Iraqi patients who visited Salah al-Din general hospital. On the other hand, all urine specimens from patients were cultured on blood agar and MacConkey agar. The results of the samples were distributed as 71% and 29% of females and males, respectively. The results of the current study showed that the highest rate of UTIs was for the age group between 30 and 40 years. According to the cultural, morphological, biochemical, only 23 isolates (23%) were identified as Proteus mirabilis and and the remaining percent (77%) represent other species in the current work.